Sustainable Recycling Management Policy
eSCO Processing and Recycling, LLC (EPR), located in Rogers, Arkansas, recognizes the necessity for a comprehensive management system of our operations for the purpose of ensuring a healthful and safe work environment. To achieve our goal of protecting the environment, supporting and enforcing adherence to applicable labor laws and human rights norms and preventing unauthorized disclosure of confidential information entrusted to our organization, EPR has implemented a Management System in accordance with all requirements of “The e-Stewards Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment” ®.
The Management System is applicable to all Rogers and Little Rock, Arkansas, operations and its subsequent interactions with our employees, contractors, customers and neighbors.
To make this a reality, EPR, within the defined scope of our Management System, commits to:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements, as well as other requirements to which EPR subscribes which relate to EPR environmental aspects and OH&S hazards.
- Commits to continual improvement in its operations as well prevention of injury and health issues; pollution prevention and improved OH&S performance.
- Adhere to all applicable treaties, laws, regulations, conventions and controls regarding the export of Hazardous Electronic Waste throughout the recycling chain to include maintaining full accountability to final disposition for all Hazardous e-waste.
- Adhere to standards of conduct premised on international human rights norms, Federal and State labor laws and prevailing industry standards to ensure the rights of the workers.
- Ensuring no use of prison labor for processing Hazardous e-Waste throughout EPR recycling chain.
- Inform customers of data security issues and ensure proper handling and destruction of any materials in a manner appropriate for the particular media using current guidelines for media sanitization.
- Review periodically (at least annually) the aspects, hazards, controls, objectives/targets and programs to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate to EPR.
- Communicate the policy to persons working for or on behalf of the organization to increase awareness of corporate and individual responsibilities.
- Make this policy available to the public