Sustainable Recycling Management Policy
eSCO Processing and Recycling, LLC, located in Rogers, Arkansas, recognizes the necessity for a comprehensive management system of our operations for the purpose of ensuring a healthful and safe work environment. To achieve our goal of protecting the environment, supporting and enforcing adherence to applicable labor laws and human rights norms and preventing unauthorized disclosure of confidential information entrusted to our organization, eSCO has implemented a Management System in accordance with all requirements of “The e-Stewards Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment” ®. The Management System is applicable to all Rogers and Little Rock, Arkansas, operations and its subsequent interactions with our employees, contractors, customers and neighbors.
To make this a reality, eSCO, within the defined scope of our Management System, commits to:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements, as well as other requirements to which eSCO subscribes to that are relate to our environmental aspects and OH&S hazards.
- Commits to continual improvement in our operations as well as the protection of the environment, prevention of injury and health issues; pollution prevention, data security, social accountability, improved OH&S performance and the environmental management system to enhance environmental and stewardship performance.
- Adhere to all applicable treaties, laws, regulations, conventions and controls regarding the export of Hazardous Electronic Waste and Problematic Components throughout the recycling chain maintaining full accountability to final disposition for all Hazardous e-waste.
- Adhere to standards of conduct premised on international human rights norms, Federal and State labor laws and prevailing industry standards to ensure the rights of the workers.
- Ensuring the prohibition of forced, child and prison labor for processing Hazardous e-Waste throughout our recycling chain.
- Inform our customers of data security issues and ensure proper handling and destruction of any materials in a manner appropriate for the particular media using current guidelines for media sanitization.
- Review periodically (at least annually) the aspects, hazards, controls, objectives/targets and programs to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate to eSCO.
- Communicate the policy to persons working for or on behalf of the organization to increase awareness of corporate and individual responsibilities.
- Make this policy available to the public